The new and improved Children’s Museum is amazing. Get a taste of what to expect, plus six fun side trips to mix up the day with outdoor time, food sampling, or sight seeing.
Part 1: For First Timers
We loved the Children’s Museum before the remodel, we missed it terribly during construction, but the wait was worth it. They nailed their goals of appealing to wider age ranges, creating more imagination based play, having a more open layout, and expanding onsite food options.
Our 8 year old was getting bored in the old museum. Now, at age 9, he can´t get enough.
What You Need To Know Before You Go:
- Bring socks. The new “Scramble” requires them. Sold for $2.75 if you forget.
- The main entrance is now on the 2nd floor direct from the parking lot and skyway system. Doors are open on street level too but a friendly security guard will direct you upstairs.
- Got older kids? Go to the 1st floor. Super Awesome Adventures, Forces At Play, and the Scramble are our favorites.
- Got wee ones? Start with Sprouts on the 2nd floor.
- Got artists? Check out the new Art Studio on the 4th floor.